Friday, November 8, 2013

Gut Check

I haven't blogged in nearly two years. More than likely, I will probably get lost in the hustle and bustle of my busy life, and won't blog for another two years. But today I felt like I needed to. Because this one is for the kids.

Have you ever been slapped in the face by your child without physically being slapped in the face? I have. I am now. And that one little slap from a 7 year old girl, will from this point on, change my entire life. My schedule. My attitude. My priorities.

I never want to be that mom that's too busy. That mom that's not around. Or that mom that's got her face glowing all the time from having her iPhone in front of it. I didn't think I was. I'm a pretty damn good mom if you ask me. I bake cookies, I make special dinner requests, I laugh and I play. Yup, pretty good mom, right? So I thought.

Here comes the slap...


If you could see my red face right now you'd think I got punched and not slapped. But it's red because I am embarrassed, and ashamed. My 7 year old daughter loves to hang signs on doors. She seemed to think this sign was fit for mine.

Gut. Freaking. Check.

So now I am disgusted with myself. How could I do this to my precious babies? These babies were a miracle. Born quadruplets with NO fertility. All a BLESSING. A miracle, a gift from God Himself, and this is how I treat them? I show them I'm too busy? Now what can I do? Do I continue on letting them see me in this light, or do I do something about it? Yup, instead of dwelling on what an awful parent I must be to have given my precious daughter the impression that "I'm too busy", I will fix that impression she has of me. I will build my family up. With God, and my husband by my side, I will never again let them think I am too busy.

Now that I have had my revelation for the day, let me ask you...

what sign do you think your kids would hang on your door?


God Bless You All...   Jaycee


Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one’s youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them! He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the gate.

No comments: